Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Introduction to Reviews

This is the part where I tell you about myself and what you will expect on the reviews.
My name is Sara Porter and I am  a graduate student at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis in my final semester of the School of Library and Information Science. I am excited about the next step not to mention a little nervous. I hope to begin a career as a reference or collection development librarian, particularly at an academic library because I love to share information and research techniques with others.
I have also been reviewing books since I was an undergraduate at the University of Missouri-St. Louis. I enjoy reading and discovering new favorites and sharing that discovery with others, so I hope to do so here as well.

There will be three sections to many of the reviews:

The reviews themselves- They present what I think about the book, spoilers will try to be kept to a minimum but I make no promises. The highlights and maybe lowlights of the book and some personal insights that I associate with each book.

Links For Further Discussion and Suggestions for Activities-These are links to topics that are related to the books in question leading to a larger context for the books. There are also suggestions for activities that teachers and librarians could use to further integrate students into these works.

Questions for further discussion- This is a good section particularly for teachers or librarians or just for members of book clubs. If these books interest you and you would like to further discussions with your students or patrons or begin projects for them, these are good places to start. (You may also include answers in the commentaries as well).

Good luck and enjoy the trip through the Library Wonderland

Please take the widget through my page at Library Thing including some of my favorite books and tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment